I joined a swap and it requires me to fill out a questionnaire about my spinning habits. To spare those of you who don’t really care that much, I’ll post it behind the cut.
1) How long have you been spinning?
Just shy of 1 year.
2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?
I’d classify myself as an intermediate spinner. I am fearless and have conquered a variety of fibers and techniques. I’m pretty fearless when it comes to spinning, I’ll try anything until I get it right.
3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?
A wheel. I’m not a big fan of the drop spindle, I don’t even own one. I spun on one for a week, because I had to for the class I took.
4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
I have a Kromski Prelude [mahogany stain.] I love her.
5) What type of fibers have you spun with before?
Merino, merino/mohair blend, llama, alpaca, romney, corridale, a random wool blend, a tiny bit of merino/tussah silk, blue faced leister, superwash merino, and I’m probably missing something in there.
6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with?
I love merino, corridale, llama, and alpaca.
7) What fibers do you dislike?
I prefer not to spin mohair, or anything that is really coarse, like jacob sheep fiber. I’ve got a ton of Romney, so I really don’t need more of that.
8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
I like both.
9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?
I’m game for either.
10) What are you favorite colors?
I like deeply saturated colors. I prefer cool colors, blues, greens and purples, but I also really love red. I love dark brown paired with wacky bright colors like turquoise, lime green and fushcia.
11) What colors do you dislike?
I’m not huge on yellow or orange.
12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)
A scarf, socks, or mitts, most likely.
13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?
I have some kool-aid dyed corridale that I’m spinning as well as some 100% merino. No intended use for these yarns so far.
14) Do you have a wishlist?
here’s my wist
15) What are your other favorite hobbies?
I’m an avid reader, an artist [drawing and painting], a historian, a lover of old buildings, and a knitter.
16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc…)? smoke.